Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Five Christmas Don'ts

Every year around the 20th of December I seem to need the Kleenex truck to back up to my door and deliver a thousand boxes of tissues to last me the rest of the month. All because I always break my five Christmas Don’ts!

Don’t watch Christmas movies. I haven’t found a Christmas type movie yet than won’t bring me to tears;

Don’t look at old Holiday photos, especially if they include my departed sweetheart, Miss J;

Don’t watch the movie “Fiddler on the Roof,” it doesn’t have a thing to do with Christmas by itself, but, Miss J and I saw it in Manila at Christmas, ‘72 (our first together) and it was always her favorite;

Don’t get caught up in other peoples Holiday angst, I have enough of my own to deal with; and,

Don’t listen to “Silent Night,” “Over the Rainbow,” or “When You Wish Upon A Star.” I have enough trouble with these darn three songs during the rest of the year - I don’t need to stress myself even more at Christmas.
Five easy Christmas Don’ts, but by the middle of every December I’ve broken them all at least once and that darn Kleenex truck needs to make it’s annual visit. Oh well, there’s always next year. Waaaah.

No comments: